|Dishes||El Completo (hot dogs!)|
|Population||17,574,003 (64th largest)|
|Land mass||756,096 km2 (37th largest)|
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Chile is a large country, occupying a long and narrow strip of land along the lower Western side length of South America. It is among South America’s most prosperous nations and has a varied natural landscape, ranging from the Andes mountain range in the east to Pacific coastline in the West.
Its cuisine is characterised by MEAT but also lots of fresh produce and seafood, thanks to its topography. The El Completo is a street-food classic and named so because you would be ‘completely’ full after a few of these boys. Serve it up with whatever you wish; salad, rice, chips etc. and get stuck in.
El Completo (vegan)
- Any sausages you like (we used vegan Richmonds)
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 2 tbsp lime juice (in the avocado)
- Hot dog white rolls
- Mayonnaise of choice
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves
- *we also used some Sriracha!
METHOD (so easy)
- Pop the sausages in the oven to cook.
- Prepare all the ingredients in the meantime.
- Assembly = sausage in bun, top with tomato and mashed avocado, squeeze mayo over and sprinkle coriander on top! YUM!
Gracias and see you in China! M + B x